Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week #4 Collage


Craft: Cut out pictures of apples copied and altered.

Composition: In Photoshop, I opened up a picture of an apple sitting on the hand of a statue from my previous 2nd blog post. Next, I used the eraser tool to erase all the background and only left the apple remaining. I saved the image of the remaining apple, at the highest quality. Next, I went to the top of the photoshop screen under the layer tab and began to make four different duplicate layers. I used the resizing tool to alter the size of each image without changing its form. I moved the apples around until they covered the entire screen in the style that I wanted. Finally, I saved the image as is and took a screen capture.

Concept: I just wanted to create an apple collage. A viewer might think of the phrase "the apple of my eye". I figured either the one in the middle would be looked at first or the one in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment